Location: New York, NY
As the company expands its merchandising profile, we are hiring a member of the Account Management team to service key Music, Film, and Television Studio Merchandise accounts out of our NY office. Duties include collaborating with both external clients and internal colleagues to coordinate the launch of new merchandise accounts as well as maintaining and growing existing accounts. The Account Manager will work closely with Araca’s senior leadership to enhance day-to-day operations within the company.
Araca is a full-service entertainment merchandising company, working with today’s leading artists and brands, including P!NK, Wicked, Harry Potter, Dua Lipa, The Offspring, HBO, Sugarland, Zayn, FOX, Jennifer Lopez, The Book of Mormon, Warner Bros., National Geographic, Disney, AMC, and more. For over 20 years, Araca has raised the standards of entertainment merchandising by supporting our clients’ brand initiatives and providing high-quality products, service, and distribution. Services include D2C ecommerce, touring operations, product development, retail, and licensing. Over 250 dedicated employees around the world support Araca’s merchandising and digital operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager’s responsibilities will consist of:
- Overseeing the management of select merchandise accounts, including:
- Maintaining a positive working relationship with clients, responding promptly to client demands and clearly communicating account details and timelines;
- Managing client communications by proactively presenting recommendations and coordinating required approvals for various merchandising projects including product lines, visual displays, webstore launches, promotional calendars, and promotional banners and e-blasts;
- Assisting clients in the development of product lines in collaboration with Araca’s Creative, Product Development, and Operations teams;
- Working with Araca’s Operations team to establish ideal retail pricing and manage inventory levels;
- Working with Araca’s eCommerce team to market D2C ecommerce sites;
- Collaborating with Araca’s Retail and Licensing teams to manage distribution partners for client products;
- Proactively enhancing and streamlining work flow within the Client Services department as well as between Client Services and Araca’s other internal teams to help facilitate growth and expansion of accounts; and
- Overseeing account budgets and providing periodic financial reports to Araca management.
- Working with Araca’s senior leadership team to generate innovative ideas and acquire new merchandise accounts in the entertainment industry by:
- Continuing to stay familiar with current industry changes, trends, successes, and failures;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key industry leaders;
- Working with Araca’s design team to develop custom presentations for prospective clients; and
- Attending industry events, conferences, and festivals.
About the applicant
A successful candidate will have direct experience working with merchandising in the entertainment industry, or otherwise be an established professional in the entertainment or retail industry. The candidate will have the energy, enthusiasm and passion needed to manage an area of significant growth and investment for the company, and will bring to Araca the following experiences and qualifications:
- 3-5 years of entertainment or retail industry experience
- 2+ years of business leadership experience, specifically overseeing internal teams and working groups
- Demonstrated experience in:
- client services
- business development
- financial management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional sales and presentation skills
- A proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and creative environment.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical and dental coverage, after 3 month waiting period
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 401 K with company matching, upon eligibility
- Creative, casual atmosphere
About the application
Please send cover email and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include “Account Manager” in the subject line of your email. Your letter should describe your experience, qualifications and interest in meeting the responsibilities of the position.
No snail mail and no telephone calls, please. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.araca.com for more information.