The Lead Engineer is responsible for the development, integration and administration of all web-based systems. The Lead Engineer communicates with internal and external stakeholders to agree on project requirements, scope, and timeline, and then manages internal developers, external developers, vendors, and partners to ensure timely project completion. Primary areas include multiple ecommerce sites on Shopify and Magento, and integration of multiple business systems with Netsuite (ERP) using Dell Boomi, but also includes developing a wide array of technical solutions to business challenges in a continually changing ecosystem. The role reports directly to the EVP, Information Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build new stores on Shopify by developing, testing, and deploying new custom themes based on internal and client requirements.
- Support existing Magento and Shopify stores, fixing bugs and adding new features/functionality as requested.
- Manage other internal and external resources that will also assist with ecommerce development.
- Interface with clients to fulfill store setup requirements such as DNS Configuration.
- Implement and maintain other external systems directly related to Ecommerce such as LiveAgent (Customer Service) and Klaviyo (Email Marketing).
AWS Architecture & Management
- Architect new AWS VPCs based on internal requirements.
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues in existing AWS VPCs, such as Software Updates, Patching, Performance Troubleshooting, and Improvements.
Dell Boomi Architecture & Management
- Plan, implement, and support existing integrations between Netsuite (Araca’s ERP system) and other business systems, including both direct work and managing outside Boomi developers. These systems include Magento 1 CE, Shopify, WorkBright, and Box.
- Manage AWS and Boomi-hosted Atoms, along with handling deployments and scheduling of deployed processes.
Custom Software Development
- Assist with lightening and automating workloads in some cases, by developing custom, programmatic, and automated solutions to individual problems not already solved by existing tools.
- Maintaining and adding existing features to our internal Laravel-based MVC application that is used to fulfill custom business requirements that cannot be fulfilled by out-of-box tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 2+ Years of experience architecting, building, and maintaining scalable AWS infrastructure design for operating high-revenue e-commerce workloads.
- 3+ Years of experience with the setup and maintenance of e-commerce storefronts on Shopify and Magento, including but not limited to configuration, custom theme development, custom app/extension development, troubleshooting, and compliance.
- 2+ Years of experience building custom software solutions using frameworks such as Laravel, based on internal requirements gather from internal stakeholders and users, to solve for custom requirements not achievable using existing tools.
- Experience managing a distributed team of engineers across different technologies I.e Ecommerce (Shopify/Magento), Dell Boomi, Laravel/PHP, and AWS.
- Experience working with internal teams and external clients to gather requirements and build out robust project plans for execution with timelines and resource allocation.
- Experience with interviewing and hiring of resource for the staffing of a technical project.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Full medical and dental coverage, after 3 months waiting period
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 401 K with company match, upon eligibility
- Creative, casual atmosphere
Please send cover email and resume to email@example.com. You must include “Lead Engineer” in the subject line of your submission. Please, no phone calls. Araca will contact successful applicants for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.