The Shopify Developer / Tech Project Manager is responsible for the planning, execution, and resource management of Shopify development projects and other technical projects. The Project Manager communicates with internal and external stakeholders to agree on project requirements, scope, and timeline, and then will either execute the project themselves (Shopify development), or assign the project to another developer inside or outside the company. When outside developers are used, this role will hire and manage external developers to ensure timely project completion, including quality assurance reviews. The Project Manager will also assist with overall management of the company’s tech roadmap and project queue and will occasionally manage other (non-Shopify) technical projects executed by outside resources. The role reports directly to the EVP, Information Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project planning, resource management, and execution management of the build of new stores on Shopify, working with internal stakeholders and clients on requirements.
- Maintaining support of existing Magento and Shopify stores, fixing bugs and adding new features/functionality, working with internal stakeholders and clients on requirements.
- Manage internal and external resources that will also assist with ecommerce development.
- Interface with clients to fulfill store setup requirements such as client-owner domain DNS Configuration.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of other external systems directly related to Ecommerce operations such as LiveAgent (Customer Service), Klaviyo (Email Marketing), etc.
- Assist with project planning, resource management, and execution management of other projects related to other business systems, including Dell Boomi, AWS, and other custom web-based applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 1+ Years of experience working with and managing store setup, build, and management on Shopify.
- Experience managing a distributed team of engineers across different technologies.
- Experience working with internal teams and external clients to gather requirements and build out robust project plans for execution with timelines and resource allocation.
- Experience with interviewing and hiring of resource for the staffing of a technical project.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Full medical and dental coverage, after 3 months waiting period
- Three weeks Paid Time Off
- 401 K with company match, upon eligibility
- Creative, casual atmosphere
- This role is 100% remote.
Please submit cover email and resume to email@example.com including salary requirements. You must include “Shopify Developer / Tech Project Manager” in the subject line of your submission. Please, no phone calls. Araca will contact successful applicants for an interview. Araca is an equal opportunity employer.